-
April 30th, 2007, 10:56 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Cover

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ April 30, 2007 07:56 PM: Message edited by: das187 ]</font>
-
April 30th, 2007, 11:06 PM
#2
Inactive Member
-
April 30th, 2007, 11:24 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Nice! where did you find that?
-
April 30th, 2007, 11:38 PM
#4
Inactive Member
It?s on the Homepage of Social D. 11 Songs ? That?s not enough! THEY?LL TOUR WORLDWIDE? Thumpy, did you read that? You get the tix, I get the beer [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
May 1st, 2007, 12:36 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Well, I hope iTunes will let you buy the new song without having to purchase the whole album, how many times do we need to purchase these songs? No remastering, new versions etc?
-
May 1st, 2007, 12:54 AM
#6
Inactive Member
i like this cover a lot better the one that was posted before with the boxer. i agree though, 11 songs is a little thin for a greatest hits album for a band that's been around as long as social d. and i don't want to whine, but i think another live album or an album of their unreleased songs would be something to get excited about more then a greatest hits album.
-
May 1st, 2007, 01:03 AM
#7
Inactive Member
I personally wouldn't mind hearing re-recorded version of the old album tracks that we all already own. I think that it would be cool to hear them reflect how the band currently plays these songs (i.e. Prison Bound with the organ intro, etc). That would definitely get me more interested in buying the GH album!
-
May 1st, 2007, 01:09 AM
#8
Inactive Member
This might be the first time I've said this about Social D, but...
Fuckin' weak.
...unless they were rerecordings which would kick a thousand asses. I seriously doubt that's the case because it seems like we would have heard about it. That being said, I guess I shouldn't even care since the reason I'll be buying it won't be for the songs I've already heard a million times.
<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ April 30, 2007 10:14 PM: Message edited by: PainWillBeMyMotivation ]</font>
-
May 1st, 2007, 04:15 AM
#9
Inactive Member
Wunderbar!!!Hey Jack and Thumpy come to the north to see the Hamburg and Berlin shows.Btw. Jack i'm sorry that i'm so late to thank you for the cd. Its great but you said it: Its a differend style like the new ones as Bakerfield for example. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Just saw the release date for the GH is June 26.On this date also the new Bad Brains "Build a Nation" produced by Adam Yauch comes out.Great day for PunK Rock.
<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ May 01, 2007 01:27 AM: Message edited by: nubusfromdc ]</font>
-
May 1st, 2007, 04:21 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Unf'ing believable! Twenty-nine years as a band, six full length studio albums, and numerous singles/b sides and all they can come up with is 9 original "greatest hits" (excluding Far Behind). What happened to Telling Them, 1945, Cold Feelings, When She Begins, and any song other than Reach For the Sky (which is one of the weaker songs off SLRR)!!! Not to mention they will be embarking on a "worldwide tour?!" I will always catch SD on tour no matter what the circumstances, but I've seen them 14x in the past 2 1/2 years and they have had virtually the same set list the entire time. If the past few weeks worth of touring are any indication, it looks as if they will continue to tour the same set list for the remainder of the "Greatest Hits" tour. Come on, at least play I Was Wrong -that's a "Greatest Hits" tune, isn't it?!! Well, with only 11 songs no one can say they aren't delivering what we're used to!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks